CO detectors are warning devices for carbon monoxide in short carbon monoxide (CO). Carbon monoxide is a dangerous respiratory poison that is produced by the incomplete combustion of fuels containing carbon. Causes can be, among others, technical defects as well as blocked exhaust pipes of gas heaters, oil heaters or fireplaces. CO detectors measure the gas concentration and sound the alarm as soon as it exceeds a critical value, because at high concentrations CO is lethal within a very short time. However, carbon monoxide cannot be seen, smelled or tasted. In an emergency, the devices can save lives. That is why it is advisable to install CO detectors.
Unlike the CO detector, a CO2 measuring device is used to monitor the air quality in closed rooms. The concentration of carbon dioxide (CO2), or carbon dioxide for short, is measured. Carbon dioxide is produced, for example, during respiration and is a natural component of the air. Concentrations that are too high can be eliminated by regular ventilation. Consumers can find out when this is necessary by CO2 detectors, also known as CO2 traffic lights. The result of the measurement is indicated visually and an alarm signal sounds when a critical value is reached. The use of CO2 measuring devices is particularly recommended when many people are in closed rooms. Typical areas of use are therefore offices, schools, teaching, seminar and conference rooms.