- Make sure that the device has a good WiFi connection to your router at the place of use. A permanent WiFi connection is required for both teach-in and operation.
- Your smartphone must be connected to the same WiFi network that you specified in the brennenstuhl®Connect app when you learned the device.
Your router and smartphone must be on the same 2.4 GHz WiFi network during the learning process. Deactivate the 5 GHz network. After the setup, you can use the 5 Ghz WiFi network again.
Are there any repeaters on the network? If so, these should be unplugged during the teach-in process.
The password that is requested in the app during the teach-in process is the WLAN password and not the password from the router. Check for any typing errors when entering the password.
Have ports been blocked in the router settings or have other security settings been made (firewall)? This is often the case in company networks, please check with the network administrator.
With the Speedport Smart 3 / Smart 4 routers from Telekom, there may currently be compatibility problems. In this case, you can try to temporarily lower the security settings for the learning process from "WPA2" to "WPA /WPA1" to the lowest level. Furthermore, the telecom privacy level should be set to "off". After the device has been learned, you can make your usual settings again.
- Your router should always have the latest firmware update installed.
Restart the setup mode as described in the app.
Delete devices that are installed but do not work from the app ("Disconnect and delete"), including the data, and then reinstall and setup.
"WiFi devices are allowed to communicate with each other" must be activated in the router settings.
- You can try logging out of the app and logging back in to resolve the issue.
- It is possible that your router has a limit on how many devices can be on the network. You can find information about this in the settings or in the operating instructions of your router.
- If you are using a VPN, deactivate it for the learning process. After the device has been learned, you can activate it again.
- Make sure that the brennenstuhl®Connect app is always up to date: Updates
Alternative teach-in mode (AP-Mode)
You can also use an alternative teach-in mode, the AP mode. You can find instructions in the attached PDF file.